Origin:Leiurus quinquestriatus hebraeus (Yellow scorpion)..
M.W.: 4313 Purity: >98% Effective concentration: 10-100nM.
Modifications: Disulfide bonds between Cys7-Cys28, Cys13-Cys33, and Cys17-Cys35.
Molecular formula: C176H280N58O55S7.
Sizes:50ug, 100ug, 5 x 50ug, 5 x 100ug lyophilized powder.
Charybdotoxin is a potent selective inhibitor of high conductance (maxi-K), different medium and small conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels, as well as a voltage-dependent K+ channel (Kv1.3).
Inhibition of mSlo channels heterologously expressed in HEK293 cells by Charybdotoxin.
mSlo channel currents, before and during application of 100nM rCharybdotoxin. The currents were activated by a 50 ms voltage step to +100 mV from a prepulse of -180 mV with intracellular 10μM Ca2+.
1. Miller et al., Nature (1985) 313:316-318
2. Gimenez-Gallego et al., Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (1988). 85:3329-3333
3. Smith et al., C. J. Biol. Chem. (1986). 261:14607-14613
4. Vita et al. Eur. J. Biochem. (1993) 217:157-169
5. Meera, P. et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA (2000) 97, 5562